Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15, 2012

My favorite mormon family, 

Hey gang. This week was a roller coaster that had some very high highs and some very low lows... Monday we had zone counsel and it was excellent. We had a great training, practices, and it was so good to see Élder Bell again haha. Tuesday we did a trail with president and i took a bunch of pictures. i will be sure to throw in a few for you guys. We had another training with president on thursday and baptismal interviews on the same day in another city... so we had a "shorter" week. We had some frustrations that i believe i could have handled better, but it's all good now. I got transferred! Happy and sad. I loved my last area and it was hard to leave the recent converts and the family (karla, rogério, and caroline) that marked the wedding/baptism. When i said that i was going to be transferred to Joinville Karla cried... a lot. We had a very special visit sunday night at their house and i felt and saw the diference that the gospel makes in our lives. i don't know how to explain it all through an email, but i hope you guys value the teachings and principles the church offers. I have seen miracles on my mission. 
We had two more baptisms and on sunday, we had something amazing happen. We baptized leonardo- 9 and manoela- 10 (cousins). Their dads are not members and moms are less active, but for the first time in years they went to church together for the confirmation. I was so happy! We left a 'stories of the book of mormon' with them and left a dedication on the title page to help them remember their baptism. I was a really special way to finish my time in Itajaí. 
I love you guys a ton. he are some pics for you guys! oh, please, whoever is taking care of my facebook- get on and accept everyone from brazil haha. 

Beijo,
-Élder Grondel jr.

ps: my new companion is from frankfurt, germany... in the middle of brazil who'd a thunk it?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment