Thursday, November 24, 2011

November 8, 2011


I remember before my mission when you would apply all the challenges in my life to the book of mormon and how frustrated I would get with all of that. But now that I am out on my mission, I wish I would have paid more attention so that I could do the same things with my investigators! Haha. I hate to say it but you did tell me so! ... is that even a phrase? I'm sure it is. This week has been the best/ hardest week so far I think. Not hard in the sense of pressure or stress, but we have worked really hard over the past week on the language, teaching our investigators and building each other up as a district. We are down to 7 total in the District now 5 elders and 2 sisters total. It makes me sad, but I am really grateful to be working with Elder Wise. We are able to balance fun and work really well (we could be better... but that's why we set goals during companionship inventory) and we have both of our investigators committed to baptism on the 19th of this month! =] (Mind you they are not real... but it's still exciting to have come this far in their conversion process). Our professors are the investigators for us, but they make sure to separate the 2 roles very well and this always us to act like we are teaching a real person. It's amazing how much love you can develop for someone you hardly even know. At times, it's a little scary knowing that as much as you care, they have to make the decision to read o Livro de Mormon or orar (pray), o perguntar a Deus para saber as coisas nos ensinamos e verdadeiras! (ask god to know that things we teach are true). Making commitments is definetely a big deal in the conversion process... You have got to get them involved from the start so they can start to develop their relationship with their Heavenly Father.
I have to tell you that doing Temple sessions on P-day is awesome. Yes I used temple and awesome in the same sentence. I had the most profound, powerful experience while I was doing initiatories today... I really don't know how to explain it, but I learned again that my heavenly father loves me and that He is watching over me. He knows exactly what we need and WHEN we need it. The hardest thing to accept here is that our timing is not the Lord's timing haha. We pray and ask for things taht we want today, or in an hour, but how many times do we ask for help in achieving a long term goal? ... That is one of the most important lessons that I am currently learning here. Also, I am areally starting to understand the importance of prayer in my life. I have never prayed this much in my life. I probably pray personally 4-6 times a day and 2-3 times w my companion and our classes open and close w prayer... So my wife is gunna be WAY hot, and I am developing a real relationship with my Heavenly Father. It's amazing at the end of the day to fall on my knees and thank Him for all his help. And then I am able to ask Him to help people in my life in ways that I never could. I am SO greatful for prayer.
The longer I serve here and the more people I come into contact with... The more I realize how much I like charity.
I am so happy you guys got that CD! I was afraid it would get scratched of broken in the mail, but I'm glad that it made it safely to you. I am going to take some more today and get some from Elder Gallinger of us playing bball in the room (he brought a hoop for the back of the door so we play PIG and dunk on it haha. We have an awesome group). The language is starting to come together more easily. I can use it in some everyday conversations and because Elder Wise and I are ahead of the class we use it to talk about people in front of them hahaha. Nice things... mostly ;) I have to tell you that I HATE the cafeteria here. I cannot stand it. The food is really harsh on my stomach and i think my body too. So I try to eat healthier, but it's really just "less bad." I don't have a lot of time to email, but I want you to know that I love you guys SO MUCH.
A quick summary of events:
-I have been doing workouts w/ Elder Wise on the daily and we are gettting Huge
-I moved into the room w/ ALL the Elders in my district so we are getting really tight
-Brady! do you remember brother moore from EFY?! the ginger teacher!? He wrote me a letter! He got it from my compainion who used to be his Seminary teacher...! Awesome right?? He gave me some great scriptures and he is such an inspiration to me. He really saved my life.
-I was able to take part in a very powerful blessing for one of our Sisters who has been really struggling during her time here
-We have memorized the purpose, the 1st vision, and the baptismal prayer... Also, I memorized Philipians 4:13 in portuguese
-My companion and I have inside jokes out the ying-yang we have a really solid companionship.
-I am currently in the 5th chapter of Alma and I started over when I got here so the goal is to finish by the time I leave.
-I am pretty much in love with Preach my Gospel
...
I will have more pictures for you very soon and now a little portuguese para voces!

Eu tenho um testimunho de minha Salvador Jesus Cristo foi um profeta e Sua expiacao nos da o opportunidade pare arrepender-se por nossos pecados e ser purificado do pecado. Atraves a expiacao de Cristo nos podemos vencer a morte fisica e voltar e viver com nossas familias para sempre no reino Celestial com nosso Pai Celestial. Em nome de Jesus Cristo amem.

EU AMO VOCES!
-Elder Grondel

No comments:

Post a Comment