Monday, January 16, 2012

January 16th 2012

Hello all =]

So this week was dragging on and it wasn't that the work was too hard... I just felt frustrated for some reason and an overwhelming exhaustion. Monday and Tuesday were fine but wednesday I felt like it was never going to end. We hadn't even walked that much because we had lessons and it wasn't until thursday that I figured out why. Thursday we had Almoço with irmã tatí and she always has good food. Her house isn't too far but the walk felt like forever and i was sweating like mad. I felt exhausted when we got there. We ate and we were going to go to the LAN house to do an online part of our comp study but i was not feeling it. I told my comp we could do a different part em casa and i needed to take some ibuprofen. But when we got back to the apartment i only got worse. I had terrible stomach pains, nausea, and for about 4 hours i was in pain on the bed. And oh my gosh i threw up. it was awful. Beans and rice look the exact same the 2nd time. I drank some water, and tried to suck down some lemon juice w some bread but 2 hours later i threw up again. The mission presidents wife, we called for advice on how to proceed, told me to go to the hospital. So i stumbled down the stairs and a member gave us a ride. The hospital wasn't bad and the doctor was really funny. But the nurse, bless her heart could not place the IV to save her life when she went to try to place the iv in the 3rd spot... I passed out. Literally. I came to and couldn't remember where i was or why.
"I am going to die here...w a bunch of people i can hardly understand. Great." I finally came around and the the nurse finally placed the IV. they pumped me full of 1200mL of iv fluid and sent me home w 2 prescriptions. I slept and spent the next day sweating, hydrating, and trying to recuperate. the doctor said i was sick because i have to serve a mission for 2 years with "No kisses or brazilian women"
The next day, sábado we went around and apologized to people we have planned to teach and we taught a 2 or 3 lessons which went really well. We picked up 2 more families and momma, I really taught by the spirit this week. When I get to recite the first vision and testify of Joseph Smith I literally feel it! This work is so real. I wanna be so great right now, but the Lord is slowly going to make us great. He is slowly going to teach me to language. I am slowly going to learn to teach. And slowly, we are going to get baptisms. Slowly, but without ceasing. Work, work, WORK.
I don't know what happened with the stomach ache and all that, but something changed in me. I know i can do hard things. My companion didn't really understand how sick i was. and the whole ordeal was kinda funny to him... so i was kind of on my own. Me and the Savior. I gained a greater understanding for his suffering in Getsêmani. I was lying in bed 6 ft from my comp and he didn't know the pain i was feeling. Jesus's apostles were just around the corner and didn't understand His pain either. The Lord however, suffered so we don't have to be alone. So when we are suffering he can help us through.
"Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for your selves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light." Matthew 11:28-30
The church is true! -- A igreja é verdadeira!
Amo vocês
-Elder Grondel

No comments:

Post a Comment