Monday, January 23, 2012

Bryson's email 1/23/2012

So i made a recording that is too big to send! =/ But I wanted to let you guys know that I just had the best week of my mission. We worked harder and accomplished more this week, than any other week... in my opinion. We did our weekly planning session and really took advantage of the time to plan specifically for our investigators. I saw we because this work is done in two's haha. Elder Longo wasn't too stoked, but as we started to plan and set more goals his attitude flipped and we had a great session. We had zone conference and a companion exchange this week so we lost a day or so of time in our area, but I had the opportunity to work with another junior companion Elder Dias (Brasil) and really see how the Lord has blessed me. Elder Longo really helped me learn how to teach and how to begin teaching investigators. I was able to make contacts and speak with confidence despite my weakness in the language. I learned charity and courage this week. Charity is necessary to teaching, to having the spirit, and really living like christ. I printed off the Grondel 2012 inspirational thoughts page and dad's guide to focusing. I asked myself throughout each day: "Is my focus on Christ?" if not "what do I need to do to refocus?" doing this has really helped me find the desire to love people. My companion for starters. Our relationship really improved and I have vowed that I will never let myself treat another companion the same way. He is my brother. And I truly am learning how to love people out here. unconditionally, sincerely, and without reason. Smiling is the easiest way to do this... I am starting to understand more conversations and share experiences with people so i am feeling a lot less pressure with the language.
The church is true, and I KNOW Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. Everytime I share the first vision and bear testimony I know it more and more. We found another family this week that we are really excited about too! We had 7 investigators at church! WE ARE SO BLESSED! =]
Elder Longo is getting transferred so I will have 2 trainers... He is american so im pretty excited.

a igreja é verdadeira
Amo Vocês,
-Elder Grondel

No comments:

Post a Comment