Monday, March 4, 2013

February 11, 2013

O time bem amado,


I am glad to hear that everyone is doing so well. I worry about you sometimes and i want you to know that you have been included in my prayers. The Lord answers our prayers. I know that He does.

I had a dream that brady came to Florianopolis and i trained him in my last transfer... if everything goes as planned, the timing is perfect and this could really happen!

We had lunch with a "less active" family. they are more like slackers with testimonies you know? The oldest boy is 20 and is moving to São Paulo to play soccer professionaly- it is more like a minor league team, but he has made it clear a mission is the last thing on his list of priorities. His mom tried to blame the members, the bishop, and even the home teachers, but me and my comp, we did our best to defend everyone. The problem is dad likes soccer. he likes is so much that in his free time he works as a referee. but his free time includes sundays and more specifically sunday mornings between 9 and 12 (our meeting hours). They even have coffee in the house. And it isn't hidden, it is on the counter for everyone to see. I learned once again the importance of our example. We can't point and tell others where to go. We have to lead not with our finger, but with our body! If you drink coffee, don't go to church, aren't holding family night, and don't do family scripture study or family prayer... why would your son have any desire to serve a mission? It would be surprising if he did.

I have learned so much until now. I don't know where i would be or who i would be without my mission. We taught a family this week about baptisms for the dead and we taught them that their loved ones are not lost. and better yet, they can be the ones that rescue them! They can go to the temple and perform these sacred ordinances for their loved ones. The gospel is perfect. It changes people. we have a family we are reactivating and baptizing and it is amazing to see the changes! They have a light about them. We marked 2 visits with them this week and they both fell through because of sickness and scheduling conflicts. we werent sure if they would be at church, but sure enough they were there :) The church is true.


Amo vocês,


-Élder Grondel jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment