Monday, August 20, 2012

Aug. 13, 2012

Another week of AMAZING! just flew by and the answer is yes... i still rock. it is weird thinking that i have been on the mission for 10 months... 5 months here in PalhoƧa and i just finished training Elder Alison. He is one of the best missionaries i have had the privilege of working with. he is obedient, he is hungry to study, and he wants to help more than anything. he has ideas and stuff he wants to try to go above and beyond the calling. It has been so humbling working with him. Because i got to a point thinking: "how can i help him? or am i failing him?" and yesterday we had our last companionship inventory. It was tough knowing that we will have to say goodbye tomorrow, but i will tell you right now, it was so rewarding and so fulfilling. In tears, he thanked me for everthing, the compliments, the critiques, the help, the patience... a really neat experience that i hope he has here in 3 months- because he just got called to train! The new missionary will take my place and i am headed to a city called Videira! the land of the grapes as they call it here. lots of juice, wine... joke! and coldddd!
We had mission conference with a member of the seventy- Elder Godoy! I barely know him, but i love that man. (more in the recording). Just being around him made me want to be a better person, to think more positively. I think that is what embodies a humble leader. a true disciple of christ lives what he believes to the extent that people literally "see his good works and glorify his father in heaven." What a privilege i had to sit and talk with him one on one!
I was reading what brady said and i think at times i would have been jealous but i, to this day, remember that feeling when i took 3rd at state. Electricity! Pure adrenaline, pride, joy, sadness- an extasy that i cannot really describe. But when brady and the tumwater thunderbirds got to the state finals... it trumped that feeling. When brady filled the hole on 4th and inches and stuck the running back in the backfield..! I remember that like it was yesterday. I jumped up (on one leg cause of my crutches haha) and cheered so loud haha obnoxious loud. And when the game was over i remember fighting through the crowd to hug my brother. I was SO proud!! I got to him and the tears leaped into my eyes. it was a joy that wasn't gained by my accomplishment or my effort, but it was because Brady is a state champion. And when he won the hammer at the banquet, once again that feeling came. And once, will you just show off a little bit?!?
Jacob, remember that you are the best one on the field. Right now. You are the best, most qualified, and hardest working at your position. Go out and be the best Jake every single day. Not for coach otton, not for tony prentice, not for mom, dad, brady, me... do it for you. Cause you love this game. More than the two of us combined. Go out and love it jake. Have fun and always, ALWAYS stay cocky.
I love you guys a lot. I had a chance to meet up with some great friends at the mission conference. namely elder bell (aka my best friend in the world) and elder noel (are you guys friends with his parents on facebook? they live in seattle...). it was so great to see our progress in the language, teaching, maturity... i love these guys. my friends from home have not written me haha. ever. totally deserve it, but the friendships i am making here on the mission, i will have forever, literally. I love my MTC districts 54-E and 49-B. holla! haha.
I love you guys! Have a great week and remember that Heavenly Father is taking care of me so don't worry. Where the heck are my glasses!? :P

Feito com amor,
Elder Grondel jr :)

No comments:

Post a Comment