Sunday, April 22, 2012

April 16, 2012

I love you guys,


I am so glas to hear that gerrit is continuing the Grondel Athleticism. I started to think this week about our family and how blessed we are. I took 3rd at state, brady was part of a state championship team, lexi was part of dance and now is a track star, jacob and caleb have always been a little ahead of their generation, olivia is a dancing fool, even levi! And then i started to think on the spiritual side. We are a família escolhida! A chosen family! Why us? What makes us special? In truth, nothing. It is what we DO with that nothing that makes us different. We aren't like other families. I am seeing here in the field that i am not like other missionaries. We have been blessed by our Heavenly Father to be leaders among our generation. We are empowered by the Holy Ghost and the priesthood from the time we are born. People here always ask how my parents manage 10 kids!? And i say first, they are amazing. But second, they were great missionaries that learned how to work, plan, and gained maturity. We have a ton of missionaries here, unfortunately that have good intentions but have neglected to learn the value of work. The mission is amazing and is teaching me so much.

I start to recognize blessings that i never noticed before. Also, I am noticing the little trials the Lord sends our way to build us up and to test us. I am starting to love the book of mormon. I really love to read it! weird right? Most missionaries carry it in the back pack, but 2 weeks ago i started carrying it in my hands... the case duh haha. But it makes a big difference. Only 3 more weeks? maybe 4? And i will be calling you guys again! can you believe it? Tempo pass elder... Tempo passa

my city is called: Palhoça (pal-yo-suh)

Amo vocês!

-elder Grondel


PS: Remember who you are. You all ARE different, so act different! Read the scriptures, stay away from things that separate you from the spirit, work hard, be on time, be a leader in your actions.


*I challenge you guys to take your scriptures to school and read during lunch or those little breaks you get. 1 page a day and i promise you will notice a difference! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment