Friday, December 2, 2011

November 30, 2011


So i am not sure how much time i have to reply, but I am in Brazil and i am doing well. I forgot to bring my address down to the lab so i will shoot you a quick email later during this week. it takes about 10 days to receive a letter here so just send any letters to the address i give you okay?
I really missed you guys on Thanksgiving and we had turkey, potatoes, and of course rice for our dinner haha. We have rice and beans for every lunch and dinner meal. So there is a main course and then you can take as much rice and beans as you want. it´s kind of awesome because I am almost up to 220 now! the culture here is so new to me. I literally cannot comprehend everything that is going on around me. There is graffiti on every building, a lot of the city is run down, and there is trash everywhere. It´s not too bad though. It is SOOOO HOT! Muito quente! I am sweating up a storm, but we have air conditioning here at the CTM so we are lucky. Our Brazilian roomates told us that they don´t have air conditioning at home and when we leave we probably won´t have it on our missions. American electronics and other items are SO expensive here it is unbelievable.
I am so glad to hear that Easton is doing well! Wish him luck for me he´s a study... and a sexy beast.
Brady, brady, brady- I have been really hoping that he will take his preparation more seriously than I did. Preach my gospel is amazing and teaches so much that we don´t cover in church or seminary or EFY. But the MTC is an amazing place.
Lexi- I love her and I met up with my old district here in São Paulo so I have been flowing with Elder Bell again. It reminds me of the times we would makes raps together. I miss those good times, but we´ll get a chance when i get back... Quando eu volto da missão.
Jake- I really hope that letter helped! You better stay on that reading and make sure you take your start doing those workouts so that when i get back you´re bigger than me okay? You are a stud, you just don´t know it yet. Step on the mat as if you have already won everytime.
Caleb- Just keep on chugging superstar! you are such a boss you know that? Piano, sports, sax...aphone! And you are so freaking funny, Lady killa! haha. Don´t let anything stop you, if you get nervous, punch that nervousness right in it´s face. Use prayer swiss cheese and believe. Você pode fazer qualquer coisa! Você um ótimo jovem.
Levi- I am so glad to here he is working hard and having fun. He told me about that on the phone when i called =] it was so great to hear all of your voices again
Olivia- I want pictures of her recital when she gets those!
Monsser- He made me laugh so hard when i talked to him on the phone.
Bella- About time!

I think next week they take us to a park and we have to place 3 Livro de Mórmons com nossos companheiros e ensinar o Evangelho de Jesus Cristo! It is going to be so exciting to really start doing the work. I am definitely nervous to do it though. We have been practicing A LOT here because... Personally, I like Provo a lot better. I miss Elder Wise like crazy, my old professors, and the spirit that is there. It is so chill and laid back here that I find myself making myself stay motivated and on task. i have had the opportunity to lead by example and really have my dedication tested during my time here. I know that this is a test because when I am serving things will change: surroundings, companions, attitudes... but I WILL not let it affect my ability to serve and to learn.

Eu amo MUITO vocês!
-Elder Grondel

No comments:

Post a Comment