Sunday, December 25, 2011

December 13 and December 19 2011


Olá from São Francisco do sul,
I am currently serving in my first area with my companion Elder Longo- Elder ´´Grande´´ and Elder Longo haha. He is a native from Salvador so we can only converse so much. I am having a tough time understanding people, but it´s getting better every day. I am trying to work hard and make sure I am focused. 2 of my shirts got ruined by one of the belts I had... And then when we tried to clean it the sleeves got stained by something and I wasn´t able to get it out... It is muito quente aqui! We walk a lot. I don´t know how many miles, but it is hot-humid-and i am always sweating. It´s weird but i think that I am used to it because of São Paulo, you just sweat and keep on moving cause it´s not going to get better haha.
We made our first baptismal commitment and we taught 4 lessons this week. We have had to do a lot of traveling for zone conference, moving in, and we go back to Joinville tomorrow and from there Florianópolis for Mission conference. I get car sick on the bus so i am not excited at all haha.
Our investigator w/ the baptismal date, Jurema, started crying during the lesson and for the first time I really saw the change that can occur in the lives of people. She is living with a man she is not married to so my companion is worried about a lei da castidade, but I have faith she will come through. I love the people already. The days are hard and soooo hot, but you just kind of push through it. Mornings are really hard for me, but after 12 or so I can´t get this smile off my face. I smile at everyone and it´s infectious because they all smile back... except one time when a gay guy blew me a kiss... awkward...!
They don´t sell quads here! you have to know someone who does bindings to get a quad custom made here... yeah a little different i have an O livro de mórmon and a biblia sagrada, but i really need some good scripture markers like 4-5 colors. not the pencils cause i can´t sharpen those and the will destroy the pages.
Wish list part 2: We have to buy food for dinner and breakfast, a family feeds us lunch everyday- can you send me a shopping list, mosquito itch cream, pictures of the kids wrestling/activities, some more sunblock, deodorant, easy recipes?
One more thing, I am going to send you an envelope w my journey so far- itinerary, tickets, etc, a letter i want you to send me at my one year mark, pre-addressed and stamped letters to send for me please... and the last one is not finished but i was hoping you could forward the blank-ish one to the MTC in Provo to my branch presidency. They were amazing.
I miss you guys e eu amo vocês!
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:39 AM
To: Darrin T. Grondel
Subject: Re: First MTC email

Ola! tudo bem? Eu estou em Florianópolis. I finished the book of mormon on the flight over and then had the MOST beautiful view of the island and the area surrounding... There are beaches, mountains, rolling hills, forest lands. This place is so beautiful you guys. I wish you could see it. They have a lot more money here than São Paulo. The city is much cleaner and the air is so clear and so fresh here. I don´t even know how to explain it. It was only a 45 minutes flight and then we met the AP and the President. He is awesome, a spunky-energetic guy. I just wanted to let you guys know that I am here with all my things and that I already love it.
We went proselyting yesterday and passed out 9 Books of Mormon! The church is true!

Eu amo vocês!
Please update my address for facebook, blog, and the ward:
Elder Bryson Thomas Grondel (Full name required)
Brazil Florianópolis Mission
R. Feliciano Nunes Pires, 42
Centro
88015-220 Florianópolis-SC
Brazil

No comments:

Post a Comment